Whole Home Surge Protectors
Did You Know?
- Many homeowner’s insurance policies do NOT cover lightning strikes?
- Many insurance companies give a discount for homes that have a whole home surge protector.
- The average home gets hit with over 20 energy spikes per day.
- A lightning strike up to one mile away can do damage to your sensitive equipment.
- Electrical Surges also travel through your phone lines and cable/satellite lines.
- Damaging power spikes also occur within your home’s wiring causing wire failure that you cannot see.
- You get up to 30% more life out of your appliances and equipment if you use a whole home surge protector.
You May Ask: Why Do I Need Special Protection From Surges?
Electronics are becoming increasingly sophisticated and utilize technology that was not even conceived of just five years ago. Even small voltage changes can affect your most prized electronics. Part of the danger is that the damage from small surges can add up over time and may eventually shorten the life of your equipment or even destroy it. You may think that by having your electronics plugged into a surge protector that you are covered, and your equipment will not be damaged, but this is not true, and having a whole home surge protector adds an additional layer of protection to your most precious devices.
What Does a Whole Home Surge Protector Protect?
The whole home surge protector device is the first stage. It will help protect household appliances. It has up to a lifetime warranty and protects up to $75,000 of connected equipment. The second stage is the plug in surge strips to protect smaller appliances and sensitive electronic equipment. By having both layers of protection in your home, you are adding security from dangerous electrical surges.
As long as you have both stages, you are getting the best protection available. As with just about everything, there is a high-end and a low-end to surge protectors, and you typically get what you pay for. Low-end surge protectors offer very little protection, and the circuits are prone to quick failure. Our surge strips have a lifetime warranty and are not available in stores.
Please contact us today, for further information about how we can assist you.
Hillsborough +813-968-5856 | Pinellas & Pasco +727-447-1978 | Hernando +352-515-9050